Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Eau de Kyle

The year is gone, you move away,
To find new places to work and play.
The king of the kitchen serving fresh
Hot spighetti next to those who dress
In bright and manly aprons or
Top hats and tails dancing 'cross the floor.

The year is gone, the library's empty,
Your friendly smile we no more shall see.
The bathroom walls will never ring
With the ballads you used to sing.
And I shall miss watching
Man-cake trials in the spring.

The year is gone, we face the next alone,
Going to Utah without you on the driver's throne.
Eating at Sonic-burger and taking pictures,
No one will be brave enough, I'm sure.
And you showed me how easy
Writing poetry turned out to be.

And you never stopped encouraging
The kind of person I could be.

2 comments:

Lil' Sparrow said...

Really? Man, you just made my day.

Anonymous said...

very cool. awsome. and he's one of the few people in the world who can make a poem like that ring true.