Wednesday, April 13, 2005

What I Want

I want to be married! I'm tired of going to bed alone! I'm tired of not having someone to talk to! I want someone to hug, and comfort, and who'll comfort me, with arms and a chest, and something to lean against. I want someone to kiss hello, and goodbye, and just because. I want to peck him on the cheek, and I want to french him with my arms across his neck. I want someone who'll dance with me, whether there's music playing or not. I want someone's arms around me, holding me while I fall asleep. I want to watch his sleeping face after I wake up in the morning.

I want someone who can make dinner with me in the kitchen. As a team. Who'll watch movies with me and laugh and cry and hold me when it's scary, and not shush me when I make fun of it or add comments, who'll talk about it afterward and criticize it during, and care what color the cups were in each camera angle, and laugh at the guys in Braveheart who aren't sure if Mel is still filming. Who will play music while we clean house, and likes all kinds, or doesn't like all kinds but will let me play them anyway.

Who'll play soccer with the kids until it's too late to see. Who'll read Dr. Seuss to them at night with the voices. Who'll help them make pancakes on the weekends. Who'll take his daughters to buy a promise ring on their 16th birthday. And teach them to drive when they're 5 by letting them sit on his lap.

Who'll go for walks with me and the dog. Who'll go to church on Saturday. Who'll live in Hawaii with me. Who loves God and tries everyday to be what He wants him to be. Who has a passion I can encourage.

Who'll stay in the other room while I have a girl's night and watch chick flicks. Or come out a few times with some affectionate criticism about the plot or actors. Who will buy me ice cream when I'm on my you-know-what. Who wants kids. Who at least likes dogs and tolerates cats. At most loves dogs and cats both.

Who will work hard to make sure I'm warm, and dry, and clean, and full, and happy. Who I cam work hard for so he's clean and in a clean house, and full and happy. Who'll take his shirt off when he mowes the lawn because he knows I like it. Who'll kiss me everynight before he goes to sleep, and everymorning before he gets out of bed. Who'll bring me breakfast in bed sometimes. Who'll hold my hand in public. Who'll take me (just me) out for dinner regularly until we're too old to drive, and then until we're too old to buy a bus ticket, and by then the nurses won't let us leave the building, and it won't matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Are you going to give this guy a list, or is he supposed to just get this all on instinct. Very cool. Yikes, though, that's quite a guy.