Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Journal 4.12

So, today at breakfast, I discovered the secret of life.

I was sitting in the cafeteria with Friends A, B, and C. A was commenting that she'd rather have been alive in a different time, since this one has so much bad stuff in it. She didn't actually name anything, but I assume it involved terrorism, the glamour of sex and non marital relations, third world countries, and the like. And then it hit me. Why we had been born in this time, and not at an earlier or later one.

Low rise denim jeans.

That's it. I shared my epiphany, and A stopped, thought about it, and agreed. This world is worth putting up with since we have the company of jeans that don't reach the belly button. Ten years ago, they wouldn't have been low rise. Fifty years, we wouldn't be allowed to wear pants. Both of those bring me to a shudder. How could they survive? And so I have the answer. Why I am here when I am here.

Low rise denim jeans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only reason your here at this time, hu? Would it therefore be heretical for you to wear anything else?