Thursday, March 05, 2009

My Toy

Master is holding a toy. Master is holding the shiniest, mostest perfectest toy in the whole world. I can't contain myself. I want the toy Master is holding more than anything I've ever wanted in my whole life. I bark and squeal and whine my loudest so that he will know I want the toy. Master takes the toy and gives it to another dog. Didn't he know I wanted it? The other dog is happy with its shiny toy. My shiny toy.

Master is holding a toy. Master is holding the bounciest, mostest perfectest toy in the whole world. I can't take my eyes off the toy. I jump up at Master and run and squirm with excitement so that he will know I want the toy. Master takest the toy and gives it to another dog. Didn't he know I wanted it? The other dog chases my bouncy toy.

Master is holding my toy. It is not shiny, or bouncy, but is my perfectest toy. I sit very still with my eyes on Master. He may give it to another dog. He kneels down to me, my toy in his hand. The one thing I want in all the world is to snatch my toy before he gives it away. But I watch Master. Below my vision he holds it out to me. Slowly, carefully, I take it in my jaws, without looking. His hand is still on it, and I wait, both of us holding the toy. He smiles and lets go. "Good girl."

No comments: