Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My muse has left me

My muse has left me.
What else do I have to say?
He gave me my words, my reason for speaking.
The world is a little less bright without him.
The little things in life have stopped whispering their secrets and truths to me.
I feel deaf without him.
I thought he would always be there.
I don’t think I took him for granted.
I was always so grateful for the gifts he gave me, without asking.
I loved his sense of humor, I didn’t even mind his ADD.
How he loved to start projects and yet never finished them.
How could he leave me?
Was I a one- night stand on his business trip to inspire someone else?
Is he with her, right now, making her words sing while mine clink like muted cymbals?
Are her stories running away from her, in different and wonderful directions?
Does she appreciate every moment she has with him?
I should be grateful for the time he spent with me, all the art that flowed from between us.
I should be happy for her, and hope that she makes the most of her time with him.
I should move on, and do the best I can with what he left behind.
Life doesn’t stop just because my muse has left me.

No comments: