Sunday, January 22, 2006

Judas

As you were born to die,
I was born to betray.
I love you, my Rabbi.
I listened to your teachings,
I left my family
And my home
To follow you.
To live for you.
To travel to unclean lands
And live uncertainly
With you.
I planned to talk to the priests,
I don't know why.
I couldn't stop thinking about it
That last night.
We dipped our bread together,
You seemed to know my thoughts,
And sent me away.
I met you at the garden,
And saw your resignation.
Puzzled, I kissed your face in the darkness,
Greeting you, my Rabbi.
Your voice chilled me,
I did condemn you
As your friend.
I lived,
To betray the Son of Man with a kiss,
To die,
Damned,
So that Creation could know salvation,
And so that He could rise and show His power.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting... seen JC Superstar ever?
- gypsie

Lil' Sparrow said...

nope. Why?

Anonymous said...

It was especially noted for portraying the story of Christ from the point of view of Judas. Very similar to what you are writing. SOme of the music is very awsome. It is not Biblically acurate, though, and it is written by a fellow who is not a Christian. The song, 'JC Superstar' is about asking Christ if He exists, why did He do what He did, why did He die, is He the only truth and etc. The whole thing is rather powerful and gives you stuff to think about. Though it ain't completely contemporary.
-gypsie

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! YAY FOR GIRLS WITHOUT BOYFRIENDS! They rock!
- Gypsie