Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thoughts of a Transient Nature

I like fall and spring best.
Can you read into something like that?
Does it reflect my transient nature?
Do I like fall and spring because I like change?
Or do I happen to enjoy the colors of fall and spring over the stasis of summer and winter?

I like overcast weather, too.
What does that say?
That I prefer reliability and consistency over extremes?
I enjoy sun and I enjoy rain, but...
Too much sun and I end up staying inside, watching the grass turn brown.
And too much rain soaks into my bones and not even a mound of blankets harvesting register air can warm me through.
But an overcast day...
If I wake up and it's overcast, I know there's no frost to scrape off my windows
And my cheeks and jaw will survive the walk to work.
I won't be squinting into the sun on while I'm driving,
And any pictures taken that day will be even-toned,
no backlighting or closed-eye smiles.

I guess you can't read into things like that.
Just take it at face value.
I like fall.
I like spring.
I like cloud blankets.
That's all.

No comments: